Monday, July 18, 2016

New Goals

October 21st will mark my 36th birthday. It seems like a good deadline for some goals.

I have 4.

1. Reach the "1000 pound club" (1000 pound total on the 1-rep max for squat, bench press, and deadlift)

2. Run a 5k in under 25 minutes

3. Run a half marathon

4. Be under 200 pounds.



As October approaches, I'm noticing that I'm within striking distance of all of these goals. But, number 4 is going to be tough. My weight loss has slowed. So, in order to make that goal, I'll have to really buckle down on calories.

Up till now during my 122 pound keto journey, I have basically never counted calories. That's one of the reasons keto has been so easy. I just don't eat carbs, and I lose weight! But, the truth is that I lose weight because I eat fewer calories than I need. Keto just makes that easier. As I lose weight, however, the amount of calories I need also goes down. So, my caloric deficit is shrinking and therefore so is the rate of my weight loss. All that means is that in order to maintain the same rate of weight loss, I have to adjust calories downward over time. I haven't done that.

So, if I want to get under 200 pounds by October 21st, I have about 13.5 weeks to do that. This morning I weighed in at 228 pounds. So, I need to drop 28 pounds in 13.5 weeks. That's 2.07 pounds per week.

On average lately I've been dropping about 1.7. So, I need to cut out some more calories OR up my exercise to increase my deficit.

This is possible. I just need to be more organized/focused than I have been.

At 225, I plan on doing progress pics and a goal review. We'll see what kind of strategy I can come up with in the mean time.


No comments:

Post a Comment