Saturday, February 20, 2010

The Treadmill

That's right-- it arrived. So I ended up working all day on Thursday and Friday (as in 7:30-Midnight). Thus, I ended up skipping the long trail jog on Saturday in order to sleep in. BUT, I got the treadmill set up today in the late morning and tried it out. 

In summary, I liked it. Initially, I pulled a 10k (6.2 miles) jog. The treadmill has a small built-in t.v. So, I hooked it up to a DVD player and was watching a movie. That made it go pretty quickly. I took a few hours break. Then I came back and did another 3 miles. Now, those numbers include warm-up and cool downs. But, I figure I at least got about 8.5 miles in today. 

I think the treadmill is gonna work out just fine.

1 comment:

  1. Okay, so I just got back from a 4.7 mile loop (I walked 7 minutes of it!), and I started catching up on all of your posts. I'm pretty sure I learned more about weight loss vs. building muscle from reading your post than by watching 6 seasons of Biggest Loser. Love ya bro! Keep up the good work, and enjoy the treadmill.

    Eric

    ReplyDelete