Monday, March 22, 2010

Fatty RAN!

Ladies and Gentlemen- Boys and Girls,


I did it. Normally on Mondays I do intervals. Last week I went between 5.8 and 6.2 mph. Today, I decided I should go for the run. Actually, it's called a tempo run. Tempo runs are done at a pace that is basically the fastest that you can go for a long distance. Run too fast and your legs will build up lactic acid. That makes you tire quickly and forces you to stop. Run too slow and there is no lactic build up. But, if you run right at that border, you can train your body to deal more efficiently with the lactic acid. That way you can push that border for a faster and faster pace.

Anyway, I figured I could do 6 mph today (10 min mile) for a while. My goal was 6 miles, but I wasn't going to kill myself to get there. Well, I did better than I thought. Why do 6 miles when you can do a 10k (6.2 miles)? So, I did a 10k RUN today. The first 5 miles I was right at 6mph on the treadmill. But, I realized that I actually wasn't quite at my border yet. So, I turned it up to 6.2mph for the last 1.2 miles.

Bottom line: FATTY RAN TODAY.

This is a new pace and non-saturday distance for me. It didn't even kill me. I had some more fuel in the tank at the end. I'm pumped to see what I can do this week. I'm thinking another 10k tomorrow at 6mph. We'll see. My goal, though is to break my weekly mileage record of 29.9 miles. I should be able to at least hit 30 this week.

Lastly, for those of you who follow the biggest loser thing at church: I haven't won the weekly competition yet. All these other jokers have been dropping the easy weight the first several weeks. But, now everyone is slowing down. It's time for Fatty to strike. This is my week to win most weight lost by percentage. Now, normally I just go for the 1-2 pound thing. This week only I'm going to make an exception just to show these fools who's boss. I'm carefully tracking my calorie intake and calories spent on exercise. I figure I'll shoot for 5ish pounds. Who knows, maybe I'll throw in an extra 1 or 2 water pounds for fun. I may burn a little muscle, but one week won't kill me.

Just over a week till I do the monthly weigh-in and measurements.

Fatty OUT.

1 comment: