Wednesday, July 7, 2010

NEW GEAR and a SECRET WEAPON

I've been measuring my body fat using a tape measure and a formula. It works. It's a great and cheap way of tracking progress. However, I secretly wanted a body fat tester for a long time. There are lots you can use. The easiest is bioelectrical impedance. It's pretty accurate too. More so than a tape measure probably.

In honor of my pursuit of fitness and as bribary to shave the goatee thing I was sporting for a while, my wife let me buy a few things.

1.) A body fat tester. It's only about $30. You put your info in, hold it, and push a button. Easy. Now, it does measure me about 1.75% higher than the measuring tape. But, that's pretty good for a $3 piece of vinyl with inches printed on it. (Actually, I always used centimeters to get a closer measurement)




2.) A heart rate monitor. My handy heart rate watch thing died. To be most efficient in your running training, a heart monitor is super helpful. You wear a strap that watches your rate and transmits to a watch. You know right where you are at all times. This JUST arrived like 20 mins ago. I haven't even opened it. But I am pumped.. Get it?




3.) My secret weapon. For those that know me, the fact that it came from an infomercial should be no suprise. One word: P90X. This is what's going to help me shred the rest of my lard. I was a little skeptical too. But what put me over the fence is a strong endorsement from my uncle. He's done marathons, Ironman Triathalons, Ultramarathons, and now does crazy adventure races like Ecochallenge (look it up- think EXTREME). He said P90X has him in the best shape of his life. Sold. I have high expectations for this bad boy. So far, it's really good. Plus, Natalie and I have been doing it together! Bonus!







Thanks Honey!!!   :)

1 comment:

  1. Heard P90X is worth the dough.
    When you are done with your workout, can you make me a smoothie in the magic bullet? How about utilizing Montel's food processor?

    Keep it up,
    Coug

    ReplyDelete