Thursday, July 15, 2010

P90X may be my new BFF

Okay, so I've been doing the P90X workouts for a week and two days. Since I've begun, there has not been a time when I wasn't sore somewhere.

I'm a little hesitant to say that it's going to change my life... But, it seems like it's heading that way.

If you don't know what it is, P90X is a series of hardcore exercise videos. (the "X" stands for extreme) It's a system designed to be done for 90 days in multiple phases. The idea is to keep your body guessing, not adapting. When you do that, you get more results.

Well, my specs after week one were promising. I lost about 3 pounds. BUT, the biggest thing is that I lost almost a full % of body fat. That's amazing. It hasn't yo-yo'd back during the last few days either which means those are real results. I'll be checking in on the body fat and weight thing once a week (Sunday mornings).

Ok, this is the really weird thing. I've still been running while doing this, which is beyond what it calls for. But, my speed has increased, even at distance. I did a 7.5 mile last week. Normally my pace for that distance is going to average out to like a 10:30 per mile. I beat that by a full minute per mile. Other runs I've done show similarish increases. I can't really explain that. The only thing I've really changed is adding P90X. But, theoretically it shouldn't help with endurance running. I'm a little stumped. But, I like it. I'm pumped to see what will happen after another week or two!

Lastly, the great thing about these videos is that my wife can do them. Even better- she HAS been doing them. She's not quite as consistant, but she's starting to see changes already too. Sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment