Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Colon Blow

Now, this is only kinda related to the blog. But, I had to post it. I've been trying to eat less crap and just eat less in general. My secrets for not feeling like I want to stab a passerby and eat them because I'm so hungry- protein and fiber. In the morning, I like to have cereal that has a lot of fiber in it. Most cereals don't. In fact, most cereals are absolute garbage, highly processed grains with scoops of sugar and multi-vitamin powder thrown in. In other words, my wife's favorite. Corn Chex anyone? Blah!

Now, Natalie likes coupons and shopping on the cheap. It's almost impossible to purchase healthy, fiber-rich cereal for a decent price. Since my favorite cereal runs about $5.29 regularly, I don't get to have it very often. But here's what happens when it goes on sale for $1.88.


 
Let's just say there are two Albertson's in the area that are now out of stock... Oh, Natalie wanted me to say that with coupons she actually averaged $1.65 a box. Fair enough. As long as I have my precious fiber. 51% of the RDA in each cup. Yeah baby. AND it tastes good. Bonus.

This all makes me think of a classic SNL skit.Worth a look for a quick laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment