Monday, January 4, 2010

Official Post-Holidays Weigh-In and More

Success! My goal was to weigh LESS starting the new year than I did before. The results are in. As soon as I woke up, I did a couple of things.

First, I took a resting heart rate: 50 beats per minute. Next, I got up and drank a full-to-the-brim glass of water. Then I went to the gym to weigh in. It's important to use the same scale to see your results. Now, when I arrived, I decided to weigh in without shoes. It's closer to my real weight. I figure I'll do that on the official weigh-ins. I also weighed the shoes separately (2 lbs even combined). The weight came out to 277.2 lbs. In mid-December, I was at about 283.

So, I did drop 4-5 pounds through the holidays. The trick: exercise and a lot of skipped desserts. 

Finally, I did a body fat test. I got 30.12%. This is a drop of about 0.59% Since mid-December. I would not call that PHE-nominal. But, it's the right direction. 

The next official stat check will be the first Monday in February. 

Short Term Goals: Get the cardio sessions up to 60 minutes (Not including warm-up and cool-down). The trouble is that means almost 80 minutes on a machine. But, I need to get used to that duration. Do this about 3 times a week. Do once a week HIIT intervals to boost speed and drop the duration to 45 or 50 min not including WU/CD. Finally, a once a week cross training (stair master revolving staircase machine) for an hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment