Tuesday, December 1, 2009

It Begins

Recently I signed up to participate in "The Mother of all Relays." This will entail running around 15 miles in three segments with something like 6 hours between them. It's my first time.

Ok, big deal right? Well, there is a catch- I'm morbidly obese. It's true, I'm a fatty.

I'll give you the details in the future, but let's just say most people with my body fat would rather watch this relay on TV while eating a box of doughnuts and washing them down with a gallon of Kool-Aid.

While it is true that I am classified morbidly obese, it's also true that I am confident that I will complete this race (deo volente) successfully AND in a reasonable amount of time.

This blog has three goals: To inspire- other fatties may be encouraged by my journey; To educate- fatties may also learn something that will help them become less of a fatty; To make you laugh- let's be honest, the idea of a morbidly obese man running 15 miles is... well... funny.

Finally, a two-part disclaimer: If you're a fatty and too unhealthy for exercise in some way, DON'T LISTEN TO ME. Go to a doctor for crying out loud! Also, if you're uncomfortable with hearing about the realities of a fatty running such as bowel distress (euphemism for flatulence and diarrhea), chaffing, and bleeding male nipples, then don't read this blog. You've been warned.

No comments:

Post a Comment