Thursday, December 24, 2009

Update: Christmas Eve Eve

Well folks, despite the lack of recent posts, Fatty has been on track. In fact, I hit a new level yesterday on pace. I did a 5+ mile jog on a treadmill and was able to do it at a pace of 5.6 mph (10:42). In fact, I bumped it up to 6 mph (10:00) for about a mile. This is a big improvement over my starting place of 12 min miles.

What about the weight? Well, it's not easy with Christmas food and treats everywhere. BUT, I believe I did drop a little. I'm down to about 283 right now.

My goal is to hit January 1st at LESS than 283. If I do that, I will have succeeded through the food gauntlet that is Christmas/New Years.

I have been trying to increase protein some and decrease junk carbs. Also, I've tried eating less in general. It's revolutionary, I know.

Back to pace for a moment. You'll notice I refer to myself as "jogging." That's because I do not considering it running until I hit the 6 mph point. So, the blog's name is questionable at this point. However, I hope to justify the title soon given how I am closing in on that pace.

Fatty might be "runnin" for real soon.

1 comment:

  1. Keep gettin' 'er done my friend. If you make it through the gauntlet and manage no gain, that is success in my book.

    And I learned something in your BMI post.

    ReplyDelete